Sex And The 06S6City
   
Saturday, January 21, 2006
KBOX
Guess what! I didn't enjoy myself during the KBOX session.

It's not your fault. No one's to be blamed. Or maybe I should take the blame, since I actually expect you guys to follow my "KBOX rules". But it's okay if you don't follow and you guys are not the only ones that don't follow my "rules".

Singing with a large group of people isn't really as fun as you think. Yes, we can get high easily. But that's about it. You only feel high and nothing else. And once saturation point is reached, you'll get sian very easily.

Since half of those who went KBOX are first-timers (and most of the rest doesn't look like a frequent singer of KBOX), you did something what ALL first-timers would do -- mass select songs, especially songs of a particular singer.

For example:

Person A scrools to the JJ Lim's song list.

Person B: I want this song!

Person C: I want that song!!

Person D: I want both songs!!!

Person E: I want ALL THE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, we only have 3 hours. Other people would like to sing too. Economists call this "scarcity" since the limited resources are unable to satisfy the first-timers unlimited wants.

I call this being inconsiderate.

And some songs are really not meant to be sung by so many people. Especially 抒情歌 (Shu1 Qing2 Ge1). When so many of us start to sing this type of songs, the "feel" is lost. It no longer is a "shu qing ge", but a nursery rhyme, just to put it crudely. Like "Dang Ni Gu Dan Ni Hui Xiang Qi Shui". You guys just subconsciously ruin the songs.

Next, I understand that many of you were/are from choir. But this is KBOX karaoke singing session. You MUST not use your way of singing in choir to sing pop songs. It doesn't work this way.

I am not claming that you sung badly. You guys sang well. But, just well. Period. Nothing else.

Boring.

Learn from Terence Phay. He has got the techniques (to sing pop songs). He only needs more practice to perfect his skills.

Of course, many can rebutt by saying that we go KBOX just to have fun and be high also place emphasis on the correct ambience and feeling.

A song has this particular melody and lyrics because it has certain message to send across. I respect the composer's works and I would like to present his work in the way which he wants it to be presented.

Oh before I end, I prefer to do it this way: Pass the remote around so that everybody gets his/her turn to make a selection and sing, instead of grabbing the remote and making selections whenever a song pops out in your head or make mass eleciton.

Cheers!

P.S. As I have mentioned earlier, nobody is at fault. You are not compelled or obliged to follow my "house rules". I can always make some compromise, "close one eye" or not go with you guys to KBOX. The above is only my personal viewpoints. You are entitled to disagree with me. But do not ask me to shut up. Respect my views as much as if you want me to respect yours.
posted by Terence (Hasegawa Masahiro) @ 11:57 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Our Citizens

    Gays, lesbians, big boss, prawn noodle, laksa, MEEPOK UNCLE, shark's fin, 杨贵妃,唐玄宗,Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Fei Yu-Ching 费玉清,梁文福-wannabe, Toro, Stefanie Sun 孙燕姿,bimboes, Osala, Pillar, Royal Monkey, superwoman, Junquan and lynette (aka mr and mrs muthu), Fandi, poledancer, dustbin farmilie,

    That's us. 这就是我们

    Bloop bloop!

Our Cabinet
  • CT Rep:
    Yan Min
  • Vice CT Rep:
    Xinwei
  • General Secretary:
    Lynette
  • Welfare Secretaries:
    Yanyin

  • Simin
  • Treasurer:
    Yan Zhi
  • Techie:
    Si Min
  • Physics Rep:
    Elicia
  • CLL Rep:
    Fandi
  • Chemistry Rep:
    Yu Tse
  • Maths Rep:
    Kia Hui
  • Economics Rep:
    Peng Le
  • GP Rep:
    Marcus
  • PE Rep:
    Terence Phay
  • Presidents:
    Jia Wei
    Shi Yan
    Yue Kai
    Lan Fang
  • Ambassadors:
    Yun Zhou (06S6A)
    Yu-Yin (06S6A)
    Lan Guan (06S6B)
    Chee Jia (06S6D)
    Qingdan (06S6K)
  • Senior Ministers:
    Jeanie
    Wu Lin
  • Minister Mentor:
    Kia Mian
Our National Anthems

Our Religion
Our Language
Our History
Our Delegation
Our Image
Our Resources
Our Previous Dynasties
Our Future
Our Neighbours
Our Population
    Since 14<sup>th</sup> Jan 2006
Our Benefactors

15n41n1

BLOGGER